In case your PC gained’t boot, there’s probability that the ability provide would be the supply of the difficulty. In earlier movies, we’ve outlined a number of indicators that your energy provide could also be failing, however on this one, we’ll go over some fundamental troubleshooting to isolate and hopefully remedy the issue.
First, we’ll want to verify that this isn’t an area electrical difficulty.
- Check whether or not the issue is said to your wall socket or a blown fuse purchase plugging the PC right into a recognized working outlet
- Affirm that the ability cable is just not the difficulty by swapping for a recognized working cable
- Verify all energy cable connections for tightness
- Verify the ability swap on the rear of the PSU to verify it’s within the | place
- Verify the PSU for exterior put on or injury probably attributable to overheating
For those who’ve accomplished these steps and your PC will nonetheless not boot, you’ll be able to carry out what’s known as a Jumper Check to guage the performance of the PSU itself.
- Utterly disconnect your energy provide from the motherboard and your energy cable. For modular energy provides go away the 20-pin connector hooked up. You’ll want it in a sec.
- Bend a steel paperclip right into a U-Form
- With the Energy Provide swap within the O place and unplugged, insert one finish of the paperclip into the inexperienced pin and the opposite right into a black pin.
- Plug within the PSU and flip the ability swap. In case your PSU fan spins, which means it’s getting energy and has not failed fully. This might nonetheless imply a partial failure is inflicting your points, nevertheless it might additionally imply the issue is elsewhere. If the fan doesn’t spin, it’s time to exchange that energy provide.
That’s it! Take a look at the Velocity Micro blog for extra PC troubleshooting suggestions and methods to assist get you again up and operating.
Charlie has been a member of Velocity Micro’s group since 2018. He has a love for each graphic design and PC gaming.